The requirements for a Laser Eye Operation in Istanbul:
For laser eye surgery, i.e., LASIK treatment, several factors must be considered. Below we have created an overview.
- Astigmatism, not more than +6 or -6 dioptrics
- Myopia, not more than -14 dioptrics
- Long-sightedness, up to +7 dioptrics
- Your refractive error should be stable
- You should be at least 18 years old
- No eye diseases (e.g. cataracts or glaucoma)
- For allergy sufferers, the surgery should be made during the allergy-free period. These are mainly allergies which have an effect on the eyes e.g. hayfever.
- No treatment is allowed during pregnancy and lactation!
- Do not wear soft contact lenses for 10 days before your preliminary examination. For hard lenses please allow 3 weeks!
- Three days before surgery no make-up should be applied!
- Please check before your trip, the validity of your ID card, passport!
- Your eyes will react sensitively to light after the preliminary examination and surgery. For this reason we ask you to bring a good pair of sunglasses with you!
- You will see after the treatment so well that you can drive without glasses. So if you want to drive your car to the airport, you’re very welcome!
- Payment of the treatment in cash or with a credit card occurs on site in the clinic before the operation. You will receive an invoice and a report of the treatment. The clinics are the contractors for your medical or aesthetic treatment, through them you are covered by their guarantee!
Do you meet the above requirements? Then you’re a step closer to sharpening your eyesight. If your topography and eye pressure values, which are measured in the preliminary examination by the doctor, appear suitable – then there are no more obstacles between you and your laser eye surgery.