This is a decision that only the treating doctor can make. However, so that you can ascertain well in advance if a trip is worthwhile for you, we can give you a number of factors in determining laser eye surgery:
1. Healthy Eyes.
• No Infection
• No Cataracts or Glaucoma
• No chronically dry eyes
• Or another condition that would hinder the healing process after your laser eye operation.
2. You must be at the minimum age of 18 years (for some procedures 21 years), the maximum age should be 60 years.
3. No Allergies, No auto immune disease. In these cases a detailed consultation is necessary because these allergies or auto immune diseases can reduce the chances of recovery.
4. Constant refractive error – at least in the last year.
5. Your short-sightedness should not be less than minus 0,75 or more than minus 14 Dioptrics
6. Long-sightedness up to +7 Dioptrics
7. For Pregnant women or breastfeeding women, hormone levels can affect the eye shape, so you should wait until a normal hormone level has been reached. During a pregnancy an operation is not possible.
8. Astigmatism not more than +6 or less than -6 Dioptrics