Eight Important Reasons to Have a Hair Transplant Done in Turkey
The Turkish metropolis has developed into a center for hair transplants – and not only because of the prices
The list of celebrities who defend themselves against secret hairlines, tonsures, and bald heads is getting longer. Athletes like Wayne Rooney, ex-footballer Christoph Metzelder or Jürgen Klopp have had the procedure performed just like Hollywood celebrities John Travolta, Al Pacino, and Mel Gibson. And this is only a small excerpt from those who have also committed themselves to it. If you also suffer from hair loss and consider transplantation, you should direct your attention to Turkey.
Here are eight important reasons why you should choose to have a hair transplant in Turkey
Istanbul is the Magnet for Men
After the USA, Turkey is the country with the second-highest demand for hair transplants worldwide. Most operations are performed in Istanbul. Istanbul has established itself as one of the leading destinations for hair transplants. (https://ishrs.org/)
According to the Gebührenordnung für Ärzte (GÖA) in Germany, after an examination by mybody.de, a maximum of 4.66 Euro per graft may be charged. However, with 2,500 grafts, you will be charged 11,827.09 Euros, including additional costs such as anesthesia or follow-up treatment. According to calculations by Statista, the same procedure with 2,500 grafts in Turkey costs an average of only 4,725 euros – just under 30 percent of the GÖA recommendation. (https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/830291/umfrage/kosten-fuer-haartransplantationen-nach-umfang-im-laendervergleich-deutschland-tuerkei/)
Turkish surgeons prefer the FUE technique (Follicular Unit Extraction), which ensures minimal pain, no visible scars, and a faster healing process and does not require scalpels, staples, or sutures during surgery. While the FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) method involves the transplantation of skin, the FUE technique removes only the follicular units individually from the patient’s donor area and transplants them into the thinned regions.
Due to the intense competition, the clinics in Turkey are continuously optimizing their methods, the technical conditions, and the clinic facilities to offer their patients the best service.
Because of the fierce competition, individual providers are not cutting back on comfort. They offer patients free airport-hotel transfers, attractive travel tickets, free accommodation in good hotels, and excellent all-around care.
The Best of the Best!
In Turkey, the restoration of hair has always been a high priority. Therefore, a large number of surgeons with many years of experience have access to the most advanced technologies and treatment techniques.
No Waiting Lists
Unlike European countries or the United States, no one has to wait months for an appointment. There are a large number of high quality and JCI approved clinics to meet the demand.
About 37 million tourists visit Turkey every year. Around 270,000 of them also have surgical procedures performed there. The country offers these patients an excellent opportunity to recover at fantastic holiday destinations or city attractions.
Highest seriousness required: The 15 most important points to consider in a hair transplant in Turkey
Even if the combination of a favorable price and a great offer of medical-technical services is attractive, one should first trust in reliable and reputable providers. Some hospital operators in Turkey would like to profit from the boom and promises more than it can hold. Therefore, it is important to look at the hospital’s choice and practice for hair transplantation in Turkey.
What should one pay attention to when dealing with a hair transplant in Turkey?
- Search for the training and experience of the surgeon in hair surgery. How many surgeries has he already performed?
- Is he performing the operation himself or does he mediate?
- Does the practice or clinic have certificates? Treatment should only take place in a JCI-approved clinic with a special hair transplant surgery room.
- Make sure that the treatment is only performed by a plastic surgeon and his hair transplant team! The plastic surgeon should be in the vicinity all the time during the treatment.
- Are there references that can be checked?
- How many patients are operated on daily? As a rule of thumb, a surgeon cannot perform more than two hair transplants a day, as the procedure is very time-consuming.
- Make sure that an English-speaking employee is present to explain all procedures and answer questions before, during, and after the operation.
- Do recent reference images from the clinic and the premises exist?
- The treatment contract must be written in English.
- Prices should be fixed and confirmed in writing in advance. Otherwise, additional costs will often be charged on site.
- After transplantation, 24-hour care is necessary.
- The first overnight stay in the clinic or a 5-star hotel to protect the implanted grafts is indispensable.
- No doctor can seriously promise to transplant more than 4,500 grafts in one FUE session.
- Make sure that preliminary examinations with the hair analysis and blood value control take place. Otherwise, there is a risk of infection.
- Important:Do not make partial or advance payments to an intermediary. And pay attention to the imprint of the website to whether the agent is actually located in England. Suppose you decide not to start the operation in Turkey because the clinic or recommended hospital does not provide what it illustrates and promises on the Internet. In that case, it becomes complicated to impossible to get back these costs.